Carvalho open to Blues exit | Blues defender contemplates leaving Stamford Bridge

Ricardo Carvalho has revealed that he is open to the idea of leaving Chelsea this summer with a number of clubs having already expressed an interest.

The 31-year-old has endured a torrid time with injuries this season, which have restricted the defender to just 12 Premier League appearances this term.

The former Porto ace has been linked with a move to Inter Milan in recent weeks, a switch which would see him reunited with former Blues boss Jose Mourinho.

Despite admitting that the campaign had been tough to bare at times Carvalho insists that if Chelsea and a prospective buyer couldn't agree on a fee then he would be happy to stay at Stamford Bridge.

"I am available for a club who wishes to have me," the centre-half said.

Interest

"But before being approached, an agreement must be found with Chelsea, although I am delighted that several clubs are interested in me.

"I have had four extraordinary years at Chelsea till this year, which has not been very good, indeed the worst of my career. I wasn't in great shape because I haven't played.

"But if there is no transfer, I will be fine at Chelsea."

The Blues could allow Carvalho to leave, despite the player being a major factor in their success over recent seasons, due to the improved form of fellow centre-half Alex during the Portugal international's absence.

No comments: