Russian ace interest in Chelsea

Russian international Yuri Zhirkov claims he is unaware of any interest from Chelsea in him, but admits he would be tempted by a move.

The CSKA Moscow left sided player has reportedly been the target of a £18.6million transfer by the Blues, who have been tracking the 25-year-old for some time.

Zhirkov is thought to have been highlighted by Guus Hiddink as a potential signing for Chelsea, having seen him up close while in charge of the Russian national side.

Zhirkov says while he would be open to discussing a move to Chelsea he has so far heard nothing from the west London club.

"Believe me, I don't know anything more about it than anyone else," he told Sport Express.

"I read newspapers and listen to the radio and I get really surprised because there is no actual offer from Chelsea.

"If there was contact, the Londoners would have spoken to CSKA and my club would definitely have let me know.

"Of course, we are talking about one of the strongest clubs in the world that regularly performs at the highest level.

"It is quite possible that I would say 'yes' if Chelsea really did offer me a contract, but before I did I would weigh up all the pros and cons.

"If a big club wanted to me to join the squad I would gladly discuss it, but for now I am preparing for [Russia's] coming match in Finland and I am trying not fill my head with other things."

Betfair is a bit different to your normal bookie; they actually want you to win. Instead of a bookmaker setting the odds, their customers do. That means you. And because you compete against each other, you get better odds. Up to 20% better odds in fact. You can either make a back bet (bet on who's going to win) or place a lay bet (bet against something happening). Betfair matches people on either side of the bet with the odds they agree. Simple. Use this £10 free bet and give it a try.

No comments: