Didier Drogba and Chelsea fans pin-pointed in UEFA report


Didier Drogba and Chelsea fans have been named and shamed in the official UEFA delegate’s report of the Champions League clash.

Latvian Janis Mezeckis saw two bottles thrown onto the pitch, and his assessment of Drogba’s behaviour is also likely to lead to a massive ban for the player.

UEFA confirmed yesterday that charges arising from the disgraceful scenes that marred the end of Chelsea’s epic showdown with Barcelona will be laid by Wednesday. But Mirror Sport can reveal that match delegate Mezeckis has pin-pointed Drogba and the Chelsea fans for specific action.

Mezeckis compiled his report on the basis of the scenes he witnessed after the final whistle and conversations with Norwegian referee Tom Henning Ovrebo and his assistants. And the damning verdict guarantees Drogba will face the full wrath of UEFA despite his public apology for the foul language he screamed into a TV camera.

Mezeckis said: “The first thing I mentioned in my report was the behaviour of Drogba. What he did after the game, to the referee and one of the assistants, was not correct.

“I also wrote about the two missiles I saw thrown on to the pitch. I thought they were bottles. This is not acceptable.”

The display of the man in the middle was not included in the report.

Mezeckis added: “It is not my job to talk about the referee or evaluate his performance. My job is simply to write about the behaviour I witnessed.”

No comments: